Sunday, April 1

Clear & Simple - Die-cuts Review


Hi friends!  I'm excited to join the Clear & Simple Stamps gals today with our "Release in Review". CSS releases new products bi-monthly... we focus on introducing all the fabulous goodies during 'month one' and then review the products sharing more ideas and inspiration in 'month two'.

Today we are focusing on the Collection 2 die-cuts.  I love the Build-a-Flower die-cuts and consider them essential.  They are perfect for focal points or embellishments and they cut felt or fabric beautifully.


I wanted something with lots of dimension because I plan to add this to the top of a little gift.  (I refuse to be constrained by whether something will fit comfortably in an envelope. Ha!) To make the bloom I punched a small hole in the center of the flower then cut a slit with scissors from one petal to the center hole.  I then overlapped and adhered 2 of the petals to form the small, conical bloom.  A brad through the center is a nice touch.

I also made a cute pink picket fence with the Border : Fence die-cut combo and added some small birds (Baby Shower die-cuts) to the bottom corner.

Girl-y. Spring-y. Fun. 

For more inspiration visit the other CSS designers and see their die-cut creations:


Stamps - Border : Fence die-cut combo
Paper - My Mind's Eye Love Me 6x6
Dies: Build-a-Flower, Border : Fence, Baby Shower (sm. birds), PTI Parisian Lace doily

8 comments:

Beth said...

This is so cute! I love these papers and the little birds and heart in the corner are adorable!

Love Beth xx

Elena said...

so cute! love the papers you used, and YES! for cards that refuse to be covered up in envelopes :)

Steph Zerbe said...

Girly, springy and fun, indeed! Love the pink fence and the 3-D flowers. You are so good with color.

Lisa Elton said...

This is SO FUN! Reminds me of a county fair ;)

whoistracy said...

How cute! I love the patterns you mixed here. And that little doily.

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the mix of patterns and the muted color scheme.

Anne B said...

Super cute Denise. Love the colours you chose :)

cards by cara said...

What fab layers!