Thursday, May 26

Postage Please

Sometimes the best notes to receive are "just because"... just because I'm thinking of you, just because I love you, just because you're special... just because.  For such a sweet sentiment, a post card can be the perfect little something.  Full of vintage tidbits and shabby postal elements this little piece of crafty goodness is definitely a treasure.

I used lots of Papertrey Ink tea-dye duo.  I "smooshed" (technical term) the die-cut postage stamps into the lighter Chamomile color and then inked the edges and corners in Chai.

The soft color palette is from this week's CR84FN Color Challenge.
I was honored that my card from last week was chosen to be included in the Top 3... woot, woot!

The Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge was the starting point for my layout.  I used the WMS Musical Backgrounds set for the card edge.  I love using background stamps for borders and accent strips.


I hope your holiday weekend is filled with relaxation, family, and crafty goodness!

Stamps: PTI Postmarks, WMS Musical Backgrounds; Ink: Stampin' Up! Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, and Plum Pudding, PTI tea dye duo; Patterned Paper: Webster's Pages - Hollywood Vogue; Sassy Somethings: PTI Fine Linen satin ribbon, Tim Holtz accoutrements, Webster's Pages trim

17 comments:

Lana said...

Beautiful card! I love these mini postage stamps!
Congrats on top 3!))))))

Deborah Frings said...

Such a softly pretty vintage postcard!! I adore the little "stamps", the lace, ribbon and musical background. Fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Kristin said...

just lovely!!

Amy Papale said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and vintage look.

Steph Zerbe said...

simply gorgeous. Love the muted tones and all the images used. Just fabulous girl!

Keva said...

Wow, Denise, this is really beautiful! Love the softness of it and the postage on the side looks amazing.

LaurieJ said...

Beautiful card, Denise! Love all those little postage stamps and the musical border.

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful way to work in both challenges! So vintage and so cool!

Sue Ann said...

I will not buy the postage stamp set ...... I will not buy the postage stamp set ....... I will not buy the postage stamp set ....... This is over the top girl and the mix and match of with the music ......... good lord!!! Okay I have to run and add the stamp set to my cart ....... no no I will not buy the postage stamp set!!! Okay maybe I will just because a woman has a right to change her mind :)

Anna said...

This is a great card!! I love how you used the stamp set and the colors!

Patrice said...

reminds me of a quilt!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Denise! Love all the postage stamps! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Stephanie said...

Once again........JUST GORGEOUS!!!

LittleSurferGirl said...

Wow! So soft and pretty, Denise! I LOVE all the stamping you did on this! The colors are perfect. SO beautiful. Love.

farmhouse-story said...

congrats on your cr84fn win--its such a lovely card!

Heather Rogers said...

Sorry I am late commenting on this. I love the little postage stamps and the sheet music. So fun! Thanks for playing at CR84FN this week. :)
Hugs~

Anne B said...

Gorgeous, Denise. Wha a great idea to use all the stamps - love how this turned out :)